Tuesday, December 9, 2014

That's so Harry Styles of you




Tank Top: Piperlime Plaid Top: Forever 21 Jeans: Nordstrom Booties: Sam Edelman Hat: Asos Purse: Mansur Gavriel Necklace: BaubleBar
Whenever someone asks what inspires me, my response is always "My surroundings." At a young age my mom and grandma always told me to pay attention to the smaller details that are around me and ever since then I have tried my hardest to let my surroundings inspire me. When I am out, especially people watching I look at people's outfits and try to understand the image, feeling or thought that the person is trying to convey. Due to my constant interest in finding out why someone put an outfit together, their favorite piece, or how their feelings are able to be read through their outfit, I try to put together an outfit that shows how I am feeling that day, and if I am not having the best day, I try to make sure my outfit will lift my spirits.

You're probably wondering what the title of this post has to do with my interest in people's minds and trust me they do relate! If you didn't know, I love One Direction and I honestly believe Harry Styles and I share a mind when it comes to putting our outfits together. For example, the leopard coat he wore in the Steal My Girl music video, the glitter boots, and the hats, just to name a few things. Lately, I have had this interest in wearing menswear-like outfits and of course I had to turn to one of my favorite Brits for inspiration for a new menswear like outfit. I call this my Harry Styles outfit because his favorite pieces are: HATS, boots, skinny jeans and sometimes plaid. For some strange reason I find myself overusing the saying  "that's so Harry Styles of you," and sometimes I feel bad for my friends for dealing with my constant Harry Styles outfit pictures but I guess it comes with the title of being my friend.

Don't let your interest be closed off, I allow everyone and everything around me inspire my outfits because sometimes two or three minds are better than one!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio