Friday, December 5, 2014

Best in the Bow




Top: Ann Taylor Overalls: Asos Heels: Steve Madden Earrings: BaubleBar Rings: wavy ringcross ring,  Mason ringpearl ring, and bar ring
Every week I come back to my blog and make a list of what to improve for next week and last week I realized that not many of my posts included leopard print and it went away from the name of my blog. I decided that once a week I will post an outfit that incorporates leopard print because I really do believe any outfit can have a touch of leopard. Let me rewind to the beginning and why I decided to name my blog a touch of leopard. I first fell in love with leopard print somewhere between the ages of 12 and 14 and I think I was attracted to the print because it wasn't a print that was worn often. My love for leopard print has only grown more with age and I don't plan on ending my love for leopard anytime soon. Jenna Lyons, J.Crew's President and Executive Creative Director, said in an interview last year that she believes leopard is a neutral and I couldn't agree more! Leopard print can be worn with almost any print and the easiest way to add leopard print to your outfit is by wearing a pair of leopard print shoes! 

This outfit was inspired by three things: my new found love for overalls, menswear and from Blair of Atlantic Pacific! A few months ago Blair wore a similar outfit while I was on a mission to find a top with a bow-tie wrapped around the collar and then Ann Taylor decided to add this little beauty to their winter collection and I knew I had to recreate it. Lately I have turned to menswear when getting dressed but I still believe that even menswear can have a feminine twist - like a pair of heels. This outfit is one of my favorites outfits so far! This outfit can also be worn to a holiday party or a holiday dinner event with your girlfriends, wherever it may be overalls can be dressed up!












No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio