Friday, October 9, 2015

Dressing Like the Boys


Top: Adam Lippes for Target Jeans: Gifted (Similar herehere, and here) Boots: Steve Madden, last year ( LOVE these) Purse: Mansur Gavriel Necklace: Olivia Palermo x BaubleBar Sunglasses: The Row Bracelet: Balenciaga
Menswear? Oh how so many of us think it is so much easier to for a guy to get dressed and some girls will gravitate towards mens-like clothing pieces. Lately I find myself grabbing dark colored, plaid or checkered pieces and wanting to pair it with a pair of boyfriend jeans or boyfriend shorts. Miami doesn't really have much of a fall of winter, except for that 1 week in January, so when the temperatures do drop, I will try to wear as much dark pieces as possible. In the fall and winter time an all black outfit just seems so simple, and black pieces can be paired individually with other popular colored pieces like grey or camel. I am warning you now, that my outfits might become a little more menswear-inspired than usual.

Plaid, checkered, and buffalo will be big this Fall and Winter so when Target released this top as part of their special collection with Adam Lippes, I instantly purchased it because I knew it would become one of my favorite pieces; I can't wait to pair it with a leather or suede skirt. If you haven't noticed by now, I am a sucker for pieces of a special collaboration so when BaubleBar announced that they would be releasing a collection designed by Olivia Palermo I make anxious. This crystal necklace might just be my favorite necklace of all time and I honestly recommend you purchase it before it is too late! It can be paired with anything and it isn't as heavy as it seems. As for my sunglasses, Gilt currently has them on sale for less than $100 and for a pair of The Row sunglasses, that's a complete deal! You can find them here.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio