Thursday, June 25, 2015

Splurge vs Steal: Summer Must-Haves


The first official day of summer was on Sunday so as promised I've listed my favorite summer items and the items that I've filled my closet with to wear all summer long. Thursdays are normally Splurge vs. Steals but this time I switched things up, so I've listed my favorite items at different price points. Feel free to share some of your favorite summer items with me!

Off the shoulder tops

The amazing thing about off-the-shoulder tops is that they can be paired with almost everything and they can also be dressed up and down. I've paired mine wit heels, sneakers, sandals, and espadrilles. The bare shoulders also helps you stay cool, especially when the weather starts to hit the 90s or 100s.
Embroidered pieces

I love embroidered pieces because they add some elegant detail to clothing pieces, no matter how much you paid for it. Embroidered pieces also remind me of South America and laying out on a beach with a drink in my hand.

Shoes

This summer I am all about fringe, florals, gladiators, and bright colors. In the summer it is the time to wear all the printed, bright colored, and different looking shoes that you wouldn't wear in the Fall or Winter.
Dresses

When the days are too hot, the easiest thing to do is throw on a dress. The dresses are all off-the-shoulder, floral, and maxi because depending on your preference, to do list and event they can be all be worn without feeling like you were having a heat stroke.

Bottoms

This summer it is all about the 70s and I am dying to purchase the right pair of flare jeans. But, some days it is nearly impossible to wear jeans because it is too hot outside so pair your tops with a pair of boyfriend destroyed shorts and you have a cute outfit.
Accessories



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio