Thursday, March 12, 2015

Let's be honest.....



Top: Old Navy Pants: Piperlime Sandals: Brian Atwood (Similar herehere, and here) Purse: 3.1 Phillip Lim Necklace: coordinate necklace and long gem necklace
Is it just me or has this week been one of the longest weeks ever? I woke up Tuesday morning thinking it was Thursday only to quickly have my bubble burst and spent most of yesterday thinking it was Thursday. I don't know if it is the fact that I am still trying to adjust to losing an hour of sleep or just that this week has been one crazy week, but one thing I do know is that I haven't really had the energy to get all dolled up. I've worn different versions of this outfit throughout the week. Chambray tops are a common staple in my wardrobe; yes, I own over five different chambray shirts and I'm always searching for new ones. 

Even though this week has been a hectic one, I don't think it is a valid excuse to not look presentable or decent. Years ago I made a promise to myself, that unless it was a life or death emergency, I wouldn't leave my house looking like "a hot mess," in simplest terms. Life is filled with so many unexpected things that you never know who you might run into and you always want to be presentable. Growing up my mom always told me that to always look put together because if not there might be a big chance that I can run into my boss, an enemy, or my possible soulmate. On the days where I can't find time to get dressed up or to put together a thorough outfit, I throw on a pair of jeans or pants and a chambray top. It makes your life so much easier if you have a go-to outfit or a back-up outfit plan. Come next week it is officially Spring so I decided to enjoy my leather pants as much as possible before I put them away until October, but I decided to wear bright colored sandals to add some color to this week and my outfit. 









1 comment:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio